The successful Equipment Engineer candidate will gain broad-based industrial maintenance experience, encompassing Electrical/PLC, Robotics, Mechanical, Welding, Machining, Hydraulics/Pneumatics, Conveyor systems, etc. Must be willing to tackle whatever technical challenge presents itself, and be willing to assist and learn from others in their areas of expertise.
- Day to day coverage of production line equipment: respond to alarms, breakdowns, and Production requests quickly and efficiently to minimize downtime.
- Diagnoses equipment failures, finds root cause and communicates actions taken to the rest of the team.
- Become Expert Level Trainer on all machines in assigned area and be responsible for the level of knowledge of Shift technicians.
- Takes initiative to create, implement and improve PM documents and schedules, under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Perform major equipment repairs and rebuilds, (some weekends and holidays required).
- Participate in spare part analysis and inventory development, cost reduction and improvement working with Spares Coordinator and Maintenance Engineering to RMA faulty components and communicate needs to the vendor.
- Work with Process and Equipment engineering and other cross functional groups to resolve maintenance issues, improve equipment reliability, review procedures, and minimize equipment downtime.
- Investigate and implement countermeasures to prevent repetitive breakdowns.
- BS Degree on Industrial/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering (Other Technical Disciplines Encouraged to apply)
- Hands-on Mechanical or Electrical Hobbies.
- Experience creating & maintaining a positive atmosphere in a collaborative work team.
- Ability to manage workload while contributing to a positive, team oriented work environment
- Enjoys Troubleshooting and Problem Solving
- Skilled with the use of a variety of hand and portable tools, as well as general machining and welding.
- Skilled with common workplace software (MS Word, Excel. PowerPoint etc).
- Able to read and interpret basic mechanical drawings and electrical schematics.
- Willing to perform shift work(nights) and overtime as required.
- Low Ego and a Good Attitude. No Sense of Entitlement.