Brushed DC Motor A brushed DC motor is one of the simplest types of motors. It consists of a few main components which in conjunction with a DC power supply create a rotating motor. The ...
PROGRESSIVE AUTOMATIONS' ANNUAL SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
Progressive Automations gives away $1,000 dollars in scholarships to two engineering students each year. Our goal is to promote education in the field of engineering and make it more accessible to young students.
Last years' winners were: David Butler Alejandro Barrientos
Congratulations! You've each been awarded a $1,000 scholarship!
The next deadline for submissions is April 15th, 2017. Send your applications in now. Requirements:
Write a 1,000 word essay detailing why you think you're best suited for the award. Let us know about your academic achievements, your drive to succeed as an engineer, your passion for the field, your personal achievements, your educational expectations for the future and what you think the next ten years of your professional life will look like.
Fill out an application form and send it to us, along with the written essay and a copy of your high-school transcripts. These can be sent by email or by snail mail to:
Progressive Automations, Inc. 120-11300 No 5 Rd. Richmond, BC V7A 5J7 Canada Phone: 1-800-676-6123 Email: [email protected]
Application Deadline: April 15th, 2017
When the application deadline has been reached, all entries for that year are no longer accepted. Only entries for the following years will be accepted.
1. Applicants must be enrolled for the September 2017 semester, full-time at a recognized, Canadian or American post-secondary college or university.
2. Applications must be enrolled at the undergraduate level in an engineering program.
3. Applicants must have Canadian or American citizenship.
4. Applicants must demonstrate high academic performance by submitting a copy of their high-school transcripts.
5. Applicants must demonstrate financial need and be eligible to receive financial aid.
6. You are not eligible if you have already received the award in a previous year.
7. Employees and family members of Progressive Automations are not eligible to participate.
Any questions about the application or the essay can be directed to [email protected].
Each candidate will be evaluated by a selection committee. Applications will be chosen based on academic achievements, drive to succeed and future potential. Decisions made by the selection committee are final. No appeal may be made once a decision is reached.
Award winners will be notified by August 15, 2017.