Automation products are becoming more popular in today’s household. The video below shows an example of one way automation is used in the average home today. With the help of this video and the information provided we hope you will be able to learn how to build your own automated spice rack. This project is also designed to give you ideas about different types of projects that can be done around the home and office. Linear actuators can help save space, provide innovative designs and make your home working more efficiently.
1) Purchase a spice rack or the material to build your own.
2) Purchase guide rails. Make sure the guide rails you purchase are at least as long as your spice rack.
3) Build your spice rack or assemble your purchased one (if required).
4) Attach the guide rails and mounting bracket to your spice rack.
5) Cut a hole in your kitchen cabinet to fit the length, width and depth of your spice rack.
6) Attach the second (motor end) mounting bracket into the location where the spice rack will retract to.
In the video we attached the motor end mounting bracket to piece of wood and then attach the wood to bottom of the cabinet.
7) Attach the actuator to the spice rack.
8) Mount your guide (with spice rack attached) rails to your counter.
9) Attached rocker switch and battery to actuator.